YOGA Weekend 17-19 February 2017 €245 Help recharge your energy levels for spring, eat healthy delicious food, practice yoga, explore walks in The Glen of Aherlow, rest and relax in a beautiful, positive & peaceful environment. No experience necessary. ROY and MAGGIE are your hosts. The weekend will …
Month: August 2011
2 tblsp of olive oil
3-4 sweet potatoes, sliced into 2cm thick pieces
1 tblsp agave or honey
Salt & pepper
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp coriander seed
1 tin chopped tomato, and a good squeeze of tomato puree
2 tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or soak dried chick peas overnight and cook till soft)
100g baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the sweet potatoes on each side until starting to caramelise.
- Add about 500ml water and the agave or honey. Season well and cook over a medium heat until the potatoes are starting to get tender (about 20 mins).
- Add the tomato puree and tinned tomatoes, and the chickpeas. Cook out for another 5-10 minutes, and then add spinach.
- Add the sweet potatoes and any juices left in the pan, carefully mix so the potatoes don’t break up.
- Serve in bowls along with brown rice or good bread and fresh coriander leaves.